Dear Kerr Family,
Grace & Peace to you in our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ.
After much prayer, listening to the congregation, and careful consideration, the Session of Kerr Church has decided that we will move forward with three ways of gathering in worship beginning on Sunday, June 14.
- Complete worship services will continue to be posted to kerrchurch.org and uploaded to Facebook every Sunday morning. These can be watched or shared at any time around the globe.
- Virtual services on Zoom will be moved to 11:00 AM. The zoom service will include a sharing prayer and praise reports and a live video stream of the in-building service.
- In-person services, with health precautions described below, will be held in the church building at 11:00 AM. People participating in the building will be able to see the zoom congregation on the screen. This service will include prayer and a sermon but will not have singing.
Please know that wherever you choose to worship, you are the body of Christ (1 Cor 12), the living stones of the church in the world (1 Peter 2:5) and you are deeply loved and remembered in prayer. Because these ways of worship will be new to all of us, we will be evaluating all three services on June 27 and considering other options. Your input in this process is welcomed and valued. Please pray for us as we continue to discern how to provide opportunities for worship and to gather in community as we love one another through working to provide for one another’s health and safety.
If you are planning to attend in the building, please make preparations to help reduce the spread of illness including the following:
- Monitor your health. Take your temperature before you leave home. If you are feeling unwell, are experiencing any symptoms of the virus, or have a fever, please attend worship through one of the virtual options, and do not come to the building.
- Bring your mask. Masks will be available for anyone who does not have one.
- Bring your Bible. Shared materials will not be available in the pews.
- Wash your hands. Hand sanitizer will be available in the Sanctuary and soap will be available in both restrooms. Please wash your hands frequently.
- Maintain physical distance. Pews will be taped off to help with even spacing throughout the Sanctuary. Only sit in open pews and maintain distance from one another. Attenders will be dismissed one pew at a time at the end of the service to avoid congestion.
- Primer Before Paint cancelled. The Fellowship Hall and kitchen areas are closed until further notice. Food and drink are not permitted in the building. Please do not arrive before 10:45 AM. Socializing before or after worship is safer outside at a distance of at least 6 feet while wearing a mask.
- Cleaning prioritized. The entire church and Kerr House has been professionally cleaned and sanitized and the Session has put thoughtful plans in place to clean in between services for your safety.
Thank you to everyone who has been working tirelessly to provide for the worship, ongoing community connection, and financial health of Kerr Presbyterian Church during the Coronavirus Outbreak. Thank you to those who have been preparing the building both inside and outside to be reopened. It is a joy to serve within this amazing congregation, and we love you all greatly.
In Jesus our Lord,
Pastor KJ Norris and the Kerr Session–Josie Arnold, Rey Ford, Elizabeth Malay, Rose Miller, Barb Parr, Jim Wolfe