I am so thankful for the continued leadership of the Kerr Church Session. They are prayerfully discerning our course of action through this unprecedented time. On Saturday, May 9, 2020 the Kerr Church Session gathered on Zoom to prayerfully consider what the “Yellow Phase” Means for Kerr Church.
As we enter into yellow, we will begin a planning and preparation phase. The yellow phase for Kerr includes the continuation of the following virtual ministries:
- Sunday morning at home worship at 10am on Zoom or anytime on the church website KerrChurch.org.
- Bible Talk at 7:15pm on Wednesdays on Zoom.
- Opportunities for online giving and participation in worship.
- Prayer ministry.
- Regular phone calls and check-ins to members and attenders.
- Lazarus Fund distribution.
- Special needs including funerals, memorial services, and birthday celebrations.
In addition, we will be preparing to reopen the building, when we can do so safely. These preparations include:
- Thoroughly cleaning the Kerr Church sanctuary, fellowship hall, restrooms, and kitchen as well as the Kerr House facility.
- Thinking through the utilization of space and worship practices.
- Determining the needs of the congregation for safe return, including PPE.
Also, if you feel comfortable and healthy, please consider participating in our May 30 outdoor workday. While maintaining proper social distancing, we will beautify the Kerr Church property. The workday will begin at 10am. More details are to follow.
We appreciate the love you continue to show one another as we follow good practices to keep our congregation, first responders, and community members healthy.
Love you all,